Acknowledging Gender and Sex
Supporting Health Care Providers in Serving Transgender Patients and Clients
The goal of this course is to help health care providers improve the overall health and well-being of transgender people.
Launch Interactive Course (requires Flash)
- Demonstrate how to collect the two-step gender and sex differentiation questions, using appropriate language.
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate language to explain to all patients why they are being asked separate questions about their gender and sex.
- State at least three reasons why the two-step gender and sex method is important.
- Describe at least three ways in which cultural competence in transgender care affects health outcomes for this population.
- Correctly identify transgender patients and ensure they receive appropriate medical attention.