Visiting Professor Program
Since 1997, the CAPS Visiting Professor (VP) program has provided intensive training and mentoring to support the development of early-career researchers across the United States. Each year a small number of scientists are selected to participate in the program. The VP Program is designed to assist investigators already conducting HIV-prevention research with minority communities in the United States to improve their programs of research and obtain additional funding for their work. Participants will:
- Spend six weeks in San Francisco for three summers.
- Receive round-trip airfare to San Francisco and a monthly stipend during the summer program.
- Receive $20,000 to conduct an Applied Research Experience.
- Prepare an NIH grant proposal.
- Continue to develop a research program with mentoring by UCSF faculty researchers.
Our program application for the summer 2022 program is now open. The application is due January 19, 2022 at 8:00 am Pacific Time. We invite you to visit our application pages, beginning with information about who is eligible for the program.
Help us achieve our mission of assisting early-career investigators conducting HIV-prevention research with ethnic and racial minority communities to improve their programs of research and obtain additional funding for their work. Learn more about donating to this program.
|Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco UCSF|
|550 16th Street, 3rd Floor San Francisco, CA 94158-2549|
|Email [email protected]|