NOTE: These FAQs (frequently asked questions) contain links to both CAPS and non-CAPS resources.

1. Who at CAPS and Pacific AIDS Education and Training Center (PAETC) provides technical assistance (TA) and capacity-building assistance (CBA)?
2. How do I access TA or CBA services?
  1. Review the websites listed above to see if your program is eligible and make contact. For more about our technical assistance, please visit this page.
  2. Give the TA or CBA provider information about your needs.
  3. Gather more information, talk to more people in your agency, review materials, or respond to suggestions from the provider.
  4. Call or email the provider again to ask more questions, discuss progress, or to get help solving problems. Our goal as providers as to develop a relationship with you and to become a source of support and encouragement as you do your difficult work.
  5. Email us at [email protected] for further questions or concerns.
3. I think I might have been exposed to HIV! Can you tell me if I’m at risk?
  • Please speak to a trained HIV/AIDS counselor who can give you a personalized answer to your question. Call the National AIDS Hotline 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 1-800-CDC-INFO or 1-800-232-4636 for both Spanish and English, or call your state’s AIDS Hotline.
  • If you’d rather ask on-line, write to the trained counselors at The Body
4. Where can I get basic information about HIV transmission?
5. How can I volunteer for a study?
6. I’m writing a paper, and I need some information.
7. Do you have any survey instruments or evaluation resources?
8. Do you have any educational materials (videos, posters, pamphlets, etc.) that can be used in prevention programs?
9. Where can I get AIDS/HIV statistics?
10. Do you have model programs that work for specific populations?
11. How do I become an HIV prevention researcher?