Join a Study
|Project Name||Eligibility Criteria||Contact phone/website||Contact email address||Compensation|
|HIV Cure Research Strategies Online Survey||18+ years of age; living with HIV and in good health||bit.ly/HIVCureResearchStudy||[email protected]||$10-25 Amazon gift card|
|Healthy Divas||18+ years of age, transgender woman, AND living with HIV; must be able to travel to San Francisco||
|Up to $520|
|The RAPID Study/El Estudio RAPIDO||Must NOT have been diagnosed or started on meds while hospitalized AND one of the following: 1) Started HIV meds the day of or very soon after your diagnosis OR 2) Were eligible to start HIV meds the day of or very soon after your diagnosis, but delayed or declined starting at that time||415-638-2563 (call/text)||[email protected]||$40 cash|
|18+ years of age; HIV seroconcordant or serodiscordant male couples, Bay Area||http://duopact.ucsf.edu/||[email protected]||$80 for each couple per visit|
|Y2TEC||18-29 years of age, HIV+, Bay Area||415-917-7686||[email protected]||Up to $310 + $15 per person you refer who enrolls in the study|
|Wyz||18-29 years of age, HIV+, SF Bay Area||http://wyz.ucsf.edu||[email protected]||Up to $125|
HIV Cure Research Strategies Online Survey
Are you living with HIV and in good health? We are currently seeking folks willing to answer questions related to research in search of a cure for HIV. The study is a 30 minute online survey that will ask you questions surrounding if you were to participate in a hypothetical HIV cure experiment. If eligible, you can earn a $10-$25 Amazon gift card for your participation in the study. To determine your eligibility, please use the following one-time link below: http://bit.ly/HIVCureResearchStudy. For questions about the study, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or call (415)-713-1742.
You may be eligible to participate in a 3-month intervention that includes 6 individual sessions and 1 group workshop. Participants are randomized to 1 or 2 study groups. Participation also includes an initial assessment, brief monthly check-ins, and 4 follow-up assessments all at the study site in San Francisco. You may earn up to $520 for your participation.
Call or text: 510.519.4606
Email: [email protected]
The RAPID Study/El Estudio RAPIDO
Were you offered the chance to start taking HIV meds immediately after being diagnosed with HIV? We would like to hear about your experience getting linked to HIV care and being offered HIV medications. You will be compensated $40 (cash) for a one-time interview! We can even come to you to do the interview.
¿Te ofrecieron la oportunidad de comenzar a tomar medicamentos inmediatamente después de recibir tu diagnostico de VIH? Queremos hablar sobre tu experiencia relacionada con el proceso de ser remitido para atención medica y la oferta de comenzar ha tomar medicamentos contra el VIH. ¡Te compensarán $40 por una entrevista de una hora! Incluso, podemos ir a donde tu estés para hacer la entrevista.
To be eligible, you must not have been diagnosed or started on meds while hospitalized and must meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You started HIV meds the day of or very soon after your diagnosis (took my first pill within 14 days of learning my status)
- You were eligible to start HIV meds the day of or very soon after your diagnosis, but delayed or declined starting at that time (took my first pill more than 14 days after learning my status)
Para ser elegible, no debes haber sido diagnosticado o haber comenzado a tomar medicamentos mientras estaban hospitalizados y debes cumplir con uno de los siguientes criterios de elegibilidad:
- Comenzaste ha tomar medicamentos el día de o muy poco después de tu diagnostico de VIH (tome mi primera pastilla dentro de los primeros 14 días de mi diagnóstico)
- Te ofrecieron la oportunidad de comenzar a tomar medicamentos el día de o muy poco después de tu diagnostico de VIH, pero decidiste tardar la decisión o que no era para ti en aquel momento (tome mi primare pastilla contra el VIH mas de 14 días después de mi diagnóstico)
Call, text or email Xavier Erguera for more information about the RAPID study: 415-638-2563 | [email protected]
Llama, manda mensaje de texto o un coreo electronico para saber mas informacion sobre el Estudio RAPIDO: 415-638-2563 | [email protected]
Are you in a male couple relationship? The DuoPACT study is enrolling male couples where one or both men are HIV-positive. You and your partner will be asked to help test a couple’s support program about HIV-related issues. Compensation is up to $80 per couple per study visit, enrollment in the study is for nine months, and all study visits are confidential. For more information and to find out how you and your partner can enroll, please email Aaron Hostetler ([email protected]) or call DuoPACT toll-free at (855) 800-6043.
Are you 18-29 & living with HIV? The Y2TEC study is looking for young people (18-29) living with HIV to join a study about HIV and technology. We’re now recruiting for Y2TEC, which is a study on providing mental health and substance use services for youth (18-29) living with HIV. For more information, call/text: 415-917-7686 or email: [email protected]
WYZ (pronounced "wise") is a mobile health app designed around the unique needs of youth living with HIV. In mid-2018, we will begin recruiting youth living with HIV and their healthcare providers to participate in a pilot study to help evaluate the usefulness of WYZ. Youth participants and healthcare providers can receive cash compensation for study activities. If you would like to be notified about recruitment, please send an email to [email protected]
For service providers
After two years of work focused on HIV prevention in California, the Center of Excellence is expanding the scope of breadth of our work. We are now the Center of Excellence for Transgender Health. Our expanded mission builds on our strengths in capacity building, formative research, training, and community mobilization. In addition to the many resources on our website, we offer FREE trainings and consultations in Spanish and in English:
- Professional intermediate-level and advanced-level trainings that we create, implement, and evaluate are tailored to your specific organizational and health provider needs. These trainings may range in length from 2 hours to 2 days.
- Consultations or technical assistance to enhance programming, build capacity, and better conduct effective research and interventions are offered for health professionals serving trans people throughout California. Our consultations may be conducted in person, by phone, or by email.
- Contact JoAnne Keatley at (415) 476-6146 or email [email protected].
The MPowerment Project is currently being replicated across the U.S. Please visit the MPowerment website to learn more about the most appropriate materials and services for your organization.
- Please email [email protected] or phone 415-476-6428.