NOTE: These FAQs contain links to both CAPS and non-CAPS resources.

2. How do I access TA or CBA services?

  1. Review the websites listed above to see if your program is eligible and make contact.
  2. Give the TA or CBA provider information about your needs.
  3. Gather more information, talk to more people in your agency, review materials, or respond to suggestions from the provider.
  4. Call or email the provider again to ask more questions, discuss progress, or to get help solving problems. Our goal as providers as to develop a relationship with you and to become a source of support and encouragement as you do your difficult work.

3. I think I might have been exposed to HIV! Can you tell me if I’m at risk?

  • Please speak to a trained HIV/AIDS counselor who can give you a personalized answer to your question. Call the National AIDS Hotline 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 1-800-CDC-INFO or 1-800-232-4636 for both Spanish and English, or call your state’s AIDS Hotline.
  • If you’d rather ask on-line, write to the trained counselors at Go Ask Aliceor The Body

4. Where can I get basic information about HIV transmission?

5. How can I volunteer for a study?

6. I’m writing a paper and I need some information.

8. Do you have any educational materials (videos, posters, pamphlets, etc.) that can be used in prevention programs?